26 August, 2008

No need to get gutted

I woke up early this morning in order to get down to Kent and take care of some more paper work... yet it wasn't early enough because by the time I got home my sister had already taken my car to school since hers is not cooperating! I also lost my phone the other day... luckily Matt's neighbor found it in the street, but its done for due to water damage!! Whoopsies. 

BUT my mom and I took my sisters car into the shop. That way it can get fixed and I can still take it down to Kent even if it is a little later than I had planned... Then my mom has an old cell phone that I can just reactivate to my number for the next 25 days I have left here. So everything always works out!!

On another note I've been doing some research on London slang from this website (http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml), and these are two of my favorites that I've come across so far...

"Biggie - This is unusual. A biggie is what a child calls his poo! Hence the reason Wendy's Hamburgers has never really taken off in England - who would buy "biggie fries"? Yuck - I'm sure you wouldn't buy poo fries! The other meaning of Biggie is erection. It just gets worse!" 

"Blow off - Who blew off? Means who farted? Constant source of amusement to us Brits when you guys talk about blowing people off. Conjours up all sort of bizarre images!"

Hahaha, oh geez. Alright, back to business!!


No comments: